Old March 23rd 04, 06:27 PM
Scott Schwartz

Default MSNBC (JimO) - Hubble debate -- a lot of sound and fury

We just need enough room in one to ship all of the politicians up... That's
alot of people but we can stack em up pretty good. They will be conducting
surface temperature studies on the Sun

"Rand Simberg" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 17:43:18 GMT, in a place far, far away, Bruce
Palmer made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

MSNBC - Hubble debate -- a lot of sound and fury
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4580820/

"When Jones went into harm's way, he had a fleet (and active naval
yards) and could afford to loose a few ships. We can't."

Ignoring the loose spelling of the word "lose," I disagree. This
statement would have been true on January 13th, but once we made a
decision to phase out the Shuttle, I think that in fact we can afford
to lose another orbiter, and Hubble is worth that (very small) risk.