Old January 1st 19, 02:03 AM posted to alt.astronomy
herbert glazier

Default Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

On Monday, December 31, 2018 at 4:28:23 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
On Sunday, December 30, 2018 at 5:17:24 PM UTC-8, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 12:55:51 PM UTC-8, Double-A wrote:
Yes, winter is finally here. Cloudy sky and rain expected later. 43F as of 12:30 PM here in Gresham. Wind east at 13 mph. Humidity 68%. No chance for a white Christmas here.

Well, they say the government has been shut down! Does that mean it no longer exists? Does it mean I no longer have to obey its laws? That would be nice!

I will be incommunicado for a few days after today. Library will close for both Christmas and Christmas Eve (Those librarians love to take every holiday off they can get away with!). And tomorrow I will be celebrating my birthday: the big 7 0 !

Double-A

Took a bad fall and its was my fault.Be at the hospital in the morning.No bones broken,but deep cuts that keep bleeding.I'm a microbe icecream cone .Cool and cold.I'm getting to be a mountain man in my van. 2018 is ending up making me weak.Very depressed too.What to do? I will end up "the poor Jew" Friends I have very few.Being deaf none that I can speak too.I talk to myself all of the day.I forget what I say. Well I do remember an arguement I had with I this morning,but I can't remember if I won or what it was about.Life is not easy when reaching 91.I use to have fun. Bert

Take care of yourself, Bert. There is no excuse for falling, because there is no ice down there! So far we have been lucky, and there has been no ice or snow here either.

Now 41F here in Gresham as of 4:30 PM. Sky clear. Wind northeast at 4 mph. Humidity 75%.

Ducks won the Red Box Bowl in San Francisco today in a defensive battle 7 - 6 ! I think Gang Green is back!

Happy New Year everyone!

Now to go buy some beer!

Double-A

Got rebandaged It was a bad accident.My fault for not seeing the step.Concrete is hard.Have to see the Dr. again Wen. My blood pressure was very very high.Bud light will bring it down.Happy New Year.AA we go back to many years.I moved around in those years.Fl.Ma.and now Mexicale.You stay put and love being a mountain man. Bert