Old February 8th 05, 02:22 AM
JATO

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 01:49:39 GMT, Chris L Peterson
wrote:

As I said, I don't see any need for these restrictions- IMO they simply
represent the sort of paranoia that led to things like restrictions on
nail files on planes and the creation of the Dept of Homeland Security.
But such is the reality of our times- insanity in high places. While
this new policy affecting redistribution is silly and annoying, I don't
see it having much real impact on the people using the data.

Actually I am surprised they made the data available to such a wide group
of people. I don't see that continuing. I also think at some future time
the data will eventful be restricted to people or companies with a
"justifiable" need for the data and that access will be at a cost. The US
Space Command is typically not in the "as a public service" business, that
and the fact that the Aerospace Corp is running the website. There is a
reason they took it away from NASAs control.

-JATO
http://jatobservatory.org