Old September 18th 18, 10:51 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default SpaceX moon flight

In article , says...

Le sept./15/2018 à 00:18, William Elliot a écrit*:
News conference on Monday will give more details.

A trip to the moon on gossamer wings?

The customer is Yusaku Maezawa, a 42-year-old Japanese billionaire.

He's purchased the entire flight and will take 6 to 8 artists with him
on the trip. I like to think that if he were still with us that Alan
Bean would be happy with this decision.

An interesting point mentioned at the news conference is that they are
already bending metal for BFR. Musk said the first cylinder section of
the BFR has already been built.

Winding and curing composites, but yeah, they're building hardware for
the prototype BFS. Exciting times.

Musk said they're spending about 5% of their resources on BFR/BFS, for
now. Once Dragon 2 (crew) is successful, they'll be able to shift more
resources to BFR/BFS.

Jeff