Old October 12th 07, 10:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M72 From Colorado Springs

Doug W. wrote:
Conditions were good enough to get an hours worth of data on this GC. I
have waited quite some time for a good opportunity to shoot this Messier
object so was happy to get this shot.

Full size and info: http://www.wheeland.us/cluster/m72.htm

That came out well. I tried it and didn't like the results so never
processed it. Guess I should. Sometimes they end up better than I
think they are going to. A bit south for me. Anything with a south
declination is fuzzier than higher up. Globulars need good seeing like
you had. By -15 degrees nothing looks good and this guy is near that
declination.

Looks like you have a few galaxies in the background as well, one right
through the cluster.

Rick