Old June 20th 20, 06:04 AM posted to alt.astronomy
palsing[_2_]

Default What is a rock?

On Friday, June 19, 2020 at 8:20:43 PM UTC-7, a425couple wrote:

For centuries, men and women have manned lighthouses to ensure the safe
passage of ships. It is a lonely job, and a thankless one for the most
part. Until something goes wrong...

US Ship: Please divert your course 0.5 degrees to the south to avoid a collision.

CND reply: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

US Ship: This is the Captain of a US Navy Ship. I say again, divert your course.

CND reply: No. I say again, you divert YOUR course!

US Ship: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS CORAL SEA*, WE ARE A LARGE WARSHIP OF THE US NAVY. DIVERT YOUR COURSE NOW!!

CND reply: This is a lighthouse. Your call