Old April 26th 07, 11:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
PeteP

Default ASTRO: Nikon D200 First Light

Hallo,
An example of a 'movie' of the stars, much light of the enviroment but
nevertheless
This is a shot 16 minutes, F4, iso 200, 10 mm (Sigma 10-20), Nikon D200.
noisereduction, compressed to 386 kB

Peter P.
"George Normandin" schreef in bericht
"Preston S Justis" wrote

My first venture back into astroimaging since 2001.......

It's great to see you back imaging Scott!!

I've been wondering when someone would start using the Nikon.

It the limited use I've made of a DSLR I take 30 second shots and add
them.
The one advantage is that you can not use the poor ones that have plane
trails or other problems. I can also use a tiny Orion mount because the
exposures are so short. In fact you can even just use a tripod. Either
way,
you can also make "movies" showing the movement of the stars.

George N

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_6708compr.jpg