Old June 12th 05, 01:28 AM
Reddog

Default 'Objective' specifications for similar scopes?

Hi all,

Q: Are there any sites that have done 'objective' scope comparisons?

I mean like the ones the old camera mags did for different lenses,
they used standard ways to compare resolution, colour balance etc. so
punters could look up reviews and compare specs.

I expect one would compare actual resolution, light gathering,
focusing, stability, build quality, mount specs, 'handling' issues,
motors. use for photography etc.

Also I am a bit surprised by how 'subjective' most of the comments I
have read about scopes are - it seems almost a touchy - feely -
emotional - thing!

Reddog.