Old March 31st 21, 12:52 PM posted to sci.space.history
Big Robbie

Default gemini in south australia

I remember that gemini capsule. I saw it at whyalla airport as a kid in the 60s.
Ed Farrell

I made enquiries at the Johnson Space Centre when I visited in May 2018. Apparently it was the Gemini 10 capsule that I saw as a young boy at the Brisbane showground Pavillion in the 60's and it was the real deal.

yep I remember those days, it was about late 1960, may have been early 1961.. Gemini 10. It was at the Brisbane Showgrounds but it spent a day on a low loader in the Coles shopping centre carpark of the bayside suburb of Wynnum in Florence Street. I went to see it there. I have somewhat of a photographic memory and if I try hard enough I can even give you a date. But the thing that struck me was it was burnt black, and I thought "huh!!, didn't they bother to clean it??" ( hahah I was only 4 and a half years old then )