Old October 17th 18, 12:03 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

In article ,
says...

On 2018-10-16 07:31, Fred J. McCall wrote:

separation. My guess (and it is a guess) is that one or more of the
valves that is supposed to vent gas didn't do so, so there was no
impetus to 'push' the strap-on away from the core and it fell straight
down instead.

Yet, you stated categorically they knew WHAT happened. But now admit
that it is just a guess on what happened.

Fact: Anomaly detected and capsule eject was activated automatically.
Fact: Crew landed safely.

Fair speculation: one booster didn't separate normally.

The rest at this point is pure guessing/speculation. So anyone who makes
claims to know WHAT happened is really stating his guesses are facts.

The russian investigators may have mnore factual data at this point that
point to what happened. But as fat as I know, this hasn't been released
to media.

The youtube videos of the event don't seem to be high enough resolution
for general public to even really see what happened, even less guess
that some valve malfunctioned. For all we know, the same gremlins that
scared the pants off William Shatner in an old documentary called "The
TWilight Zone" started to tear the metal off the rocket as it ascended.

I'm sorry JF, but you're full of ****. Go read all of the news articles
coming out about this incident. The space media is covering this
incident like white on rice on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

Jeff