Old September 2nd 18, 04:16 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Quadibloc

Default Europe and daylight savings

On Saturday, September 1, 2018 at 4:18:03 PM UTC-6, Gerald Kelleher wrote:

What is anachronistic, at least in the sense you give that term, is a society
unable to present the basic facts of a round and rotating planet and that is not
just dismaying, that is something beyond what I can express.

We are doing just fine with the basic facts of a round and rotationg planet, in
an elliptical orbit around the Sun. You're the one who has a problem, because
you want to work backwards and make the end result the basis, instead of the
component motions that give rise to the end result.

John Savard