Old January 20th 12, 12:37 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
John Gogo

Default Mathematical Definition of Simultaneity.

On Jan 18, 1:05*am, Koobee Wublee wrote:
On Jan 17, 10:17 pm, Tom Roberts wrote:

We humans use mathematics in physical theories to MODEL nature.
But anyone with any sense does not confuse the two as you seem to do.

Speaking of which, you did. *Recall you said,

Actual experiments that reproduce the "twin scenario" confirm the
predictions of SR. *No matter how much idiots deny it, the fact is
that the "twin paradox" occurs in the world we inhabit, and SR is an
accurate model within its domain.”http://groups.google.com/group/sci.p...sg/934b2a1e483...
Mathematically, the twins’ paradox is proven to be impossible in real
life by the very mathematics. *So, do you really think putting that
phrase in quotes does rub off some mathemaGical properties of SR,
seriously? *shrug

Your presentations of so-called proof of “twins’ paradox” are so
lame. *They only disprove the principle of relativity and support the
existence of the absolute frame of reference. *In doing so, the Aether
must exist without any reasons of doubt. *shrug

Oh, yes. *You have the right to remain silent as usual, and anything
you say may be used against you. *shrug

Science is the systematic process of constructing models of the world we
inhabit, testing them via experiments and observations, and refining and
improving them based on those results.

However, you have to admit that if any hypothesis in physics cannot be
backed up by mathematics, it is indeed philosophy, and in doing so, it
just cannot be deemed valid. *shrug

Mathematics is not anything like that at
all -- as I said, it is a purely intellectual pursuit, in which the world is
irrelevant and experiments are simply not possible.

The subject of science is the world we inhabit. The subject of mathematics is
abstractions of the human mind.

Yes, mathematics is merely a tool, but please do not downgrade its
vital importance in physics. *Any hypothesis cannot be seriously
accepted without mathematics backing it up. *shrug

The better the math the better the science.