Old June 26th 08, 06:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default astro: display brightness?

Milton Aupperle wrote:
In article , John N.
Gretchen III wrote:

on my monitor, with room light off or on, a b & c look the same and x y
& z look the same. can I get some feedback on what you see?

Hi John;

I'm on a Mac using a 1 year old SamSung Wide Screen 17" LCD 1449 x
900 pixels and each A to Z tone is distinctly different.

HTH.

Milton Aupperle
http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html

That's my other complaint. Wide screens are fine for HD movies but when
your images are 2004 by 1336 in size and a 21" CRT at 1600x1200 can't
handle the image today's wide screens really fail to impress me. The
only ones I've found that can handle my image aspect ratio and all the
image at full scale cost over what I'm willing to pay. Found a nice one
at $2100 I'd love but I can't justify it at that price. I keep hoping
they'll come down but not likely as they are a niche market while HD and
its aspect ratio holds center stage today.

Rick