Old May 20th 05, 10:46 PM

lal_truckee wrote:
wrote:
John Ordover claims that, "Exploration is only done for a profit
motive."

What planet is Mr. Ordover from, anyway? I must hail from some

other
universe! All my life, I've enjoyed exploration for exploration's

sake.
To explore appeals to my deep sense of wonder; no financial profit

is
necessary (even if it can be nice).

OK, I'll bite. In all this exploration you did just for the love of

it,
where have you been that no other human being has ever been within

100
miles? 10 miles? Even 1 mile?

I can't say for sure I've yet been anyplace that some previous explorer
has not been. But that's not for lack of desire. It's because so many
humans have already explored the earth. I have risked my life exploring
areas that were completely new for *me*. I would jump to the chance to
explore space for the rest of my life, even if that would likely mean a
premature death.