Old February 23rd 07, 08:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
J McBride

Default ASTRO: NGC1275 & Friends

maybe it has a huge redshift and thus reds are stronger.

Joe

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

J McBride wrote:
I took this over a year ago with a 14" SCT working @ f/5.5 with a ST9XE.
(20,4,4,4). Hey Rick...I would like to see your image in color. I

think
that there might be some reds in N1275. My image is too small and under
sampled to show this well.

Joe

I wasn't very happy with the color version. Stars had no color to speak
of nor the galaxies. Rather like your shot. Color was hit hard by the
clouds with very unequal exposure time for each. I tried to balance out
the result. For some reason when red is short it dominates. I don't
understand that. Not sure if all that red I have is legit. Here it is
anyway.

14" LX200R@f/10, L=6x5' R=2x5' G=3x5' B=2x7' all binned 2x2,
STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

----