Old April 25th 05, 02:45 PM
William McHale

phoenix wrote:

Theoretically. Is it possible to construct a telescope using
holographic lens such that you flick a switch and the lens
just formed at the front. I like the idea of a very lightweight
0 wave error 6" refractor that I can carry at my back when
hiking and just putting it on the equally lightweight image
stabilizer mount when the sky has a great view.

In 4000 A.D. Can the above occur.. theoretically??

You have been watching too much Star Trek . Theoretically I see no way
a "holographic" telescope could work. Light can't impact the path of light.

There are ways that theoretically one could bend light without a physical
lens; but they would involve manipulating the fabric of space time .

--
Bill