Old February 20th 19, 05:23 PM posted to sci.astro
Pentcho Valev

Default Why Einsteinians Leave the Sinking Ship

"...Dr. Magueijo said. "We need to drop a postulate, perhaps the constancy of the speed of light."x http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/31/sc...-relative.html

Great, physicists need to get rid of any falsehood, but in this particular case things are complicated, to say the least:

"The whole of physics is predicated on the constancy of the speed of light," Joao Magueijo, a cosmologist at Imperial College London and pioneer of the theory of variable light speed, told Motherboard. "So we [Niayesh Afshordi and Joao Magueijo] had to find ways to change the speed of light without wrecking the whole thing too much." https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/a...t-speed-slowed

Awful dilemma, isn't it? In this tweet I tried to describe Afshordi's and Magueijo's plight as clearly as possible:

https://twitter.com/pentcho_valev/st...89439147859970

The tweet received a like from... Niayesh Afshordi!

Pentcho Valev