Old January 25th 07, 05:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Helix

George wrote:

"Rick Johnson" wrote in message

A bit out of season. I'd forgotten about this one on the hard drive.
Seeing was lousy and it needed a lot more exposure time. So I never
processed it. With the tools I had at the time that was impossible. I
reduced it to half size to hide the seeing. No resolution was lost in the
process and it saves bandwidth. Only a hint of the outer shell is there.
This was in white light. It is really too low for my 47 degree location.
It takes a special night for seeing to work that low.

14" LX200R@f/10, 6x5 min binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick

That looks great. Oh, wait. That's a blank page. lol

George

That's odd. It is in my sent file but didn't even reach my server.
I'll try again. My ISP has nearly killed this group after that idiot
spammed it with many megabytes of stuff taken from others. This may be
part of their purge. I used to have three months of posts, now there
are only about half of what he posted (as best as I can tell) and those
posts since then. Really a bummer.

Rick