Old January 25th 07, 01:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Helix

A bit out of season. I'd forgotten about this one on the hard drive.
Seeing was lousy and it needed a lot more exposure time. So I never
processed it. With the tools I had at the time that was impossible. I
reduced it to half size to hide the seeing. No resolution was lost in
the process and it saves bandwidth. Only a hint of the outer shell is
there. This was in white light. It is really too low for my 47 degree
location. It takes a special night for seeing to work that low.

14" LX200R@f/10, 6x5 min binned 2x2, STL-11000M, Paramount ME

Rick