Old October 23rd 03, 01:32 PM
Peter Smith

Default Microgravity parable

Stuf4 wrote...

By the way, if you looked out the window, how would you
detect a black hole?

One way would be to observe the patch of blackness that
defines the black hole's event horizon circled by a haloed
grouping of apparent stars created by the gravitational
lens effect.

If the Sun became a black hole, its event horison would have a 6km
diameter. To see the black disc, I would have to be at most 350km away.
At this distance the gravitational gradient would be significant, and I
would be orbiting at 1.9kHz. I would be feeling like LooseChanj is about
now I guess

Pass me a iBuzz Aldrin/i Hic!

- Peter