Old October 21st 03, 02:22 PM
Peter Smith

Default Microgravity parable

Stuf4 wrote...

You ask whether one can distinguish between gravity and acceleration.
But the question of whether one can distinguish between 'orbital
microgravity' and a 'microgravity field' is a different question.

Peter, please check "orbital microgravity" as a self-contradictory
oxymoron. Orbits require gravity in order to be orbits.

duuh - that's why I used the quote marks, Stuf4.

I went on to explain how you could (if you were in a sealed box with no
windows and experiencing no obvious gravitational effects), how you could
differentiate between orbit and absence of (significant) gravity.

By the way, if you looked out the window, how would you detect a black
hole?

- Peter