Old October 12th 03, 04:25 AM
Stuf4

Default Microgravity parable

From Greg Moo
"Stuf4" wrote

From Herb Schaltegger:
(Stuf4) wrote:

Stuf4 wrote:
This supports the view that people
*do* know the difference and they just use the bogus terms anyway.

So do you know subscribe to the accepted opinion that NASA

astronauts
and scientists understand that the effects of Earth's Gravity is not
zero...not even micro...in LEO?

While the evidence might give more weight to that view, it's not
enough to persuade me. So, no. My estimation still weighs toward the
view that people who know the difference would be bothered enough by
it to not use those terms.

Pretty much everyone who posts regularly to these groups knows the
difference and we're not bothered. Stop extrapolating your views and
feelings to the rest of the world.

How ironic that you offer your extrapolation regarding "pretty much
everyone..." while chastising my extrapolation.

This reads as another form of "I'm right/you're wrong", coated with a
heavy tinge of hypocrisy.

Bull. It's pretty much accurate.

Let's see... to the normal person, "pretty much everyone..." means a clear
majority.

Since not a single person here has posted to agree with you and anyone who
has posted disgrees with you, I'd say this is a clear majority.

This is not a case of "I'm right/you're wrong coated with hypocrisy." This
is a case of Herb stating a stastitic that is backed by the facts.

A single data point does not make a line, let alone a plot. Multiple data
points do start to make a plot. You've extrapolated from YOUR beliefs.
Herb extrapolated from ALL the other posts disagreeing with you.

Majority rules. Interesting brand of "science".

~ CT