Old April 19th 04, 01:23 PM
bob haller

Default Monitoring ISS Air-to-Ground

My butt.

They are purely hypothetical. But you've basically said that we MUST
immediately perform an EVA to investigate the sounds. But you're not
willing to actually justify it. I'm asking you, if those were the numbers,
would you still be so singlemindedly insisting on an immediate EVA?

If a fatal space walk is 1 in 10,000 thatrs pretty bad. of course the

shuttles
safety record is way worse.

True. But the powers that be have determined that risk is worth the
rewards. Is the risk of an EVA worth the reward? What are the odds of them
finding anything?

The bottom line, the risk that not looking, afterr having scherduled a look
will be a PR disaster if something bad occurs....

Besides, when dealing with a unknown major noise thats repetive better safe
than sorry shopuyld be the mantra/

BTW nowhere did I recommend a will nilly rush out the hatch. Just a pre planned
spacewalk completing the one cut short by the suit troubles. Well before next
july
:
:
: