Old August 12th 04, 05:56 AM
Michael Malloy

Default How to describe autism?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 21:31:09 -0500, Richard Schumacher
wrote:

I'd rather not say.

Does Asperger's count?

It's like everyone around you is a black box. You cannot understand
the inner workings of anyone, so you are constantly stepping "over the
line," because normal human behavior is a mystery to you.

You learn to compensate by using your intellect, and approaching the
problem of figuring out others the same way you would approach
computer programming. People are much less predictable and
rule-driven, but it is amazing how much intelligence can compensate
for lack of intuition.

I've compensated to the point at which I am capable of intense and
mutually gratifying relationships. I am now married.

Hope this helps.

Michael "Vortex of Terror" Malloy
32nd heir to the fortunes of soda baroness Fontana Dew
Witness to the Great Stapler Migration of 1926
Acting Vice President of the United States, 1943-1945