Old January 15th 13, 11:05 PM posted to sci.astro
dlzc

Default Largest structure found, challenges cosmological principle

Dear Brad Guth:

On Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:25:26 PM UTC-7, Brad Guth wrote:
Indeed, there should be a better understanding of
items so large and potentially massive enough to
qualify as being a localized universe to most
everything contained within them.

I would not go so far as to call such a structure a Universe unto itself. It does still radiate to *us*, and our primordial selves helped to define its spacetime.

If we added its terrific mass to that of our
speculated mass of the known universe, kinda
eliminates any notions of the missing mass that
some of our astrophysics wizards want to
attribute to dark matter and dark energy,

Not so much to Dark Matter, which is localized, but to the inferences of how much normal matter there is represented in the CMBR.

or even that of mpc755's aether goes further
into the cosmic toilet.

Not it won't be pulled back out, brushed off, and brandished as "new and improved" because it is cleaner.

David A. Smith