Old October 25th 07, 05:41 AM posted to rec.arts.sf.science,sci.space.history
Hop David

Default Questions about "The High Frontier"

Pat Flannery wrote:

Hop David wrote:

There were no Carracks in the time of Ferdinand III. And the resources
of the mid-Atlantic would not have justified the development and
building of Carracks.

As to carracks, there were indeed carracks around in the 15th century...

Ferdinand III of Castille was not alive in the 15th century.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_III_of_Castile

in fact, I hate to do this... but the Santa Maria was a carrack:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrack
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_M...ADa_%28ship%29

And I could point out ducks are birds. But that would be irrelevant and
stating the obvious.

Please reread this subthread more carefully.

Hop