Old May 23rd 07, 02:53 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Michael Turner

Default From Rice University - Baker Institute

On May 22, 9:29 am, (Rand Simberg)
wrote:
On Tue, 22 May 2007 11:06:33 -0500, in a place far, far away, "Jim
Oberg" made the phosphor on my monitor glow in
such a way as to indicate that:

Why should we care?

You gotta provide more justification for clicking the link
than just "well, -I- think it was cool..."

Considering the source, that would probably be pretty hard.

"Eric Chomko" wrote in message
oups.com...
Just found this:http://www.bakerinstitute.org/Program_View.cfm?PID=9- Hide quoted text -

I clicked the link anyway. After all, the Baker Institute is hardly a
bunch of flakes -- they issued a report a few months before the
invasion of Iraq that basically outlined a result not too different
from our present predicament.

But there isn't much at that link. What I got from it was little more
than what George Abbey is doing with himself these days. A hard guy
to get rid of, it seems. (I mean Abbey, but if you assumed I meant
Chomko, that's understandable.)

Gee ... "Iraq", "George Abbey", "Eric Chomko" -- no fewer than *three*
juicy morsels of flamebait in this message. How arsonistic of me.
Maybe I'll check in a week later, after there have been 250+ followups
and every seventh word is a scornful epithet.

-michael turner
http://www.transcendentalbloviation.blogspot.com