Old May 22nd 07, 10:41 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Derek Lyons

Default Russian space program -- book chapter conclusions

"Jim Oberg" wrote:

Here are my conclusions, and I'd like to open them up to
discussion, critique, and suggestions. The material remains
copyright by me, 2007, etc etc etc... and it's a draft.

It's hard to really discuss them without the supporting material Jim.

One thing that does spring to mind from reading them however is this;

In some ways, Russia reminds me of Britain in the 20's and 30's - a
nation fallen on hard times that desperately wants to keep her seat at
the table of Great Nations. The key product of this, on the space
side of the house, has been a flood of glossy presentations on
ambitious projects that Russia intends to do Real Soon Now.

Or are these glossies the result of the (confusingly varied) space
authorities trying to remain relevant and current?

D.
--
Touch-twice life. Eat. Drink. Laugh.

Oct 5th, 2004 JDL