Old February 23rd 13, 01:47 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The Tides

On Feb 23, 1:42*am, palsing wrote:
On Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:51:03 PM UTC-8, oriel36 wrote:
You poor soul interpreted the orbital

turning of Uranus to the central Sun *as a changing perspective due to

the orbital motion of the Earth but I assure you that Uranus will

,
continue to turn a full 360 degrees over the next 8 decades.

No, it won't, wrt the fixed stars. Yes, it will, wrt the Sun. You have a big problem with perspective, which is nothing new, you just don't 'get it' at all.

My goodness,even with contemporary imaging making it a 100%
observational certainty,I have to struggle to maintain the new
component that explains why natural noon cycles vary and why we have
the seasons.Of course,nothing remotely close to these events have ever
occurred in human history where a small group ran with a mistake that
locked planetary dynamics into stellar circumpolar motion - this is
dysfunctional on a scale that is dismaying .You poor soul believed
that the change in perspective of the rings was due to the motion of
the Earth instead of being intrinsic to the planet itself but the
distance between Earth and Uranus is such that not only is it
impossible,a simple imitation analogy positively identifies a separate
turning to the central Sun aside from daily rotation.

Take comfort that you colleagues appear no better or worse than you.