Old February 22nd 13, 05:44 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
oriel36[_2_]

Default The Tides

On Feb 22, 6:05*am, Sam Wormley wrote:
The Tides

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gftT3wHJGtg

Unlike the pathetic mobbing I receive when I write material,I answer
you with more information,new and better approaches ,more accurate
historical and technical views and that is what a forum is for.

http://rstl.royalsocietypublishing.o....full.pdf+html

It hasn't occurred to researchers just yet that the tides are most
sensitive to the Earth's dynamics and respond accordingly,on page 277
of that excellent essay of Wallis,he mentions that the natural noon
inequalities, referring to the orbital points of the Earth,add a
component to the annual cycle of the tides.As I am the first person to
express the Equation of Time as a rate of change arising from the
unequal turning of the Earth to the central Sun about a travelling
ecliptic axis,this change shows up when the Earth enters its great
acceleration or deceleration phases.You mightn't like it Sam,it
involves modifying axial precession from a long term axial trait to an
annual orbital trait and I have shown the images of Uranus in this
respect to often to count.

That essay by Wallis was written 20 years before a vicious strain of
empiricism emerged and destroyed what was useful in using experimental
sciences as an analogy to large scale cause and effect.