Old October 2nd 05, 09:39 PM
Bill Jillians

Quietly we read , unable to
contain our credulity we realized that Max Power
said this:
Quietest SETI unit recorded? Some of these WUs must exist...

General requirements for a quiescent WU:
1. No Gaussians

You can fit a Gaussian to random noise, it just would be a very poor
fit. You would have to specify how poor for this post to make any
mathematical sense.

2. No Triplets
3. No 'spikes' of any kind that would show up on the meter

Unless all readings are identical you will also get spikes.

4. No 'Doppler effects in the signals
= I hope I have covered all the bases...

Having said the above I had a very flat WU that completed in 6 hours
when they normally take 12 or more on my computers. It had a very small
result.sah file. Wish I'd kept a copy.

--
Bill Jillians