Old February 4th 05, 04:33 PM

Default Need help -- Wheelchair bound friend interested in astronomy

Hey all-

I have a friend who has expressed interest in getting started in
astronomy. He is wheelchair bound. This unfortunately limits what types
of scopes and mount designs he could use. I was thinking that a
parallelogram type mount with some big binocs or a 4" refractor would
work as it would keep the scope/bino away from the tripod, giving the
necessary clearance, plus he could easily share his views with others
that are standing. I was wondering if anyone out there is or knows of
somebody in the same situation that could give me some tips or
suggestions. Thanks.

Matt