Old March 12th 08, 02:57 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.station,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.history
[email protected]

Default Military vs Civilian Orbital Laboratories, Vehicles, and Crews

On Mar 11, 3:18 pm, "
wrote:
On Mar 11, 1:05 pm, wrote:

On Mar 11, 12:25 pm, "
wrote:

1) Some people imply that the space shuttle and its support structure
(like the Manned Orbital Laboratory) was designed from its inception
to accomplish military goals.

Not an implication but a fact. It wasn't just "military goals", it
was military missions, as simple as spacecraft delivery

2) Since the Challenger disaster with an IUS aboard, the space shuttle
has been deemed too dangerous for non-astronauts.

3) Yet military advocates don't blame the Air Force for what they
consider our civilian space shuttle / space station dilemma.

4)How is it logical for advocates of failed military orbital
capabilities (manned) to denigrate our current civilian orbital
capabilities?

It had nothing to with manned capabilities. The shuttle was The
National launch vehicle and hence the DOD was flying payloads on it

You say, "It had nothing to with manned capabilities." If the shuttle
had nothing to do with manned capabilities, what in the world was
Nixon talking about?

I was referring to your 4th point idiot

JTM