Old February 20th 08, 05:44 PM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
Jeff Findley

Default 80's style Stations Modules...

"Brian Thorn" wrote in message
On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:03:04 -0500, "Jeff Findley"
wrote:

If the Japanese HTV flies, it has a CBM at one end and has room for 8
racks
inside its pressurized compartment. If the COTS program is successful, we
may very well see NASA launching racks to ISS using whatever vehicle wins.

Such is the case with Orbital's Cygnus, which was awarded a NASA
contract today. It also will use the MPLM design.

I've been sick with a nasty cold for more than a week, so I'm not as up to
date on these developments as I'd like to be. I'm going to have to play
catch up here...

http://www.orbital.com/AdvancedSpace/COTS/index.shtml

There isn't a whole lot of information here. In particular, is this system
entirely throw-away, or is there a reentry vehicle? If there is a reentry
vehicle, is any returned component reused?

From the "artist's rendering" this thing looks like it's completely
disposable. How disappointing.

Jeff
--