Old December 31st 12, 09:52 AM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,sci.math,sci.astro
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway[_5_]

Default What is or is not a paradox?

"Sylvia Else" wrote in message ...

blink Where did that come from? The twin "paradox" involves bringing
the two twins back together, which necessitates accelerating at least
one of them, making their frame non-inertial./blink

Sylvia.

"If one of two synchronous clocks at A is moved in a closed curve with
constant velocity until it returns to A, the journey lasting t seconds, then
by the clock which has remained at rest the travelled clock on its arrival
at A will be 1/2 tv^2/c^2 second slow." -- Einstein.
blink/ Non-inertial? Where did that come from?
The twin "paradox" involves bringing the two twins back together, which
necessitates keeping one at absolute rest, but the phenomena of
electrodynamics as well as of mechanics possess no properties corresponding
to the idea of absolute rest.
Oh wait, I get it. You are discussing Phuckwit Duck's special relativity,
not Einstein's special relativity. /blink

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway.
When I get my O.B.E. I'll be an earlobe.