Old October 17th 18, 12:00 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

In article ,
says...

On 2018-10-16 07:00, Jeff Findley wrote:

Yes Soyuz the launch vehicle (we're not talking about the crewed Soyuz
capsule) has had some minor tweaks since the 1960s, but it's still
essentially the same. It's boosters and core stage are arranged and
function the same as they have since the R-7. The stage separation
sequence is pretty much the same as it's always been. It's a very old
design.

And the Cadillac of today is still called a Cadillac and still has rear
wheel drive with engine in front, 4 wheel and same general arrangement
and recognizable style as it had in the 1960s.

Bull****. Not the same at all. With Soyuz, you could likely take a
Soyuz 2 back in time to the 1960s, sit it on the pad, hook it up (with a
little Russian ingenuity), and get it to fly. All of the structural
connections are sure to be the same. The issues would be with the upper
stage, which is where you'd need the ingenuity to get it fueled.

Really, Soyuz 2 has way more in common with the original R-7 than your
**** poor Cadillac analogy. A modern Cadillac has absolutely nothing to
do with a 1960s Cadillac except for the name. Even the damn nuts and
bolts won't fit because they're all metric today while whey were
"imperial" in the 1960s!

snip

You're just not getting it, are you?

Jeff