Old July 3rd 03, 11:30 PM
Mark McIntyre

Default Questions regarding ATM

On Thu, 03 Jul 2003 16:20:17 GMT, in uk.sci.astronomy , #MK
wrote:

Hi!

I hope you don’t mind me asking two questions, regarding amateur
telescope making:

1. How... Ineffective or less “good” is a 6 incher from an 8 inch mirror?

the 8" will gather 64/36 times more light
any flaws in the grinding will be 64/36ths more noticeable.

[6 Inch with a F/8 ratio, or 8 inch with a F/6 ratio, hence focal length
isn’t significant].

the shorter focal length will show a little more aberration I believe.

--
Mark McIntyre
CLC FAQ http://www.eskimo.com/~scs/C-faq/top.html