Old May 7th 08, 05:11 AM posted to sci.space.history
Scott Hedrick[_2_]

Default Soyuz TMA-11 Comes Home, More or Less...

"Pat Flannery" wrote in message
news:wLGdnUVteaNlNb3VnZ2dnUVZ_qqgnZ2d@northdakotat elephone...

Andre Lieven wrote:
That also means that that definition of " facts " would include all of
the
sites about the 9/11 Jewish Conspiracy, and the Moon Landing Hoax...

Books on those subjects also.

What makes print somewhat different is that you have to have some sort of
investment; with the web, you don't even need to own a computer.

Having to put out cash up front in order to use the press helps keep a lot
of really woohoo stuff in the closet.

To figure this out, you'd have to define what exactly what "knowledge" is;
once you go past the bare facts of a subject, any commentary on it become
a matter of interpretation and viewpoint.

A fact would be: the phosphors of your monitor indicate that someone who
claims to be me is telling you that the thermometer in his office says the
combined temperature of the air and thermometer is 78 degrees F.

The truth depends entirely on your point of view. Some folks would say my
office is warm, some would say it's cool. Truth is nothing more than facts
with a spin.

I've probably have the makings of a 300 to 400 pound tree sitting on my
bookshelves, and when sitting on the stool, get to examine the writing on
sheets of paper made from a tree, while flushing other sheets of paper
made from a tree down the toilet.

Having moved some of my books cross country more than once, I'm trying very
hard to find electronic versions of them. Right now I have 67 banker's boxes
in storage with books, and probably 30 similar boxes worth on the shelves.
Not to mention nearly 100 boxes of assorted loose papers, including
thousands of newspaper clippings.