Old December 21st 17, 10:10 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Richard D. Saam

Default Speedometer

[[Mod. note -- I apologise for the delay in processing this article.
It arrived in my moderation queue on 2017-12-19, just before an
extended power/internet outage at my location.
-- jt]]

On 12/11/17 12:52 AM, John Heath wrote:

There is movement in the CMB

Check me.

Yes, there is apparent movement in the CMB.
The Milky Way is moving at approximately 627 km/s
(at our solar system position 276 degree galactic longitude,
30 degree galactic latitude)
with respect to the photons of the Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB).
This has been observed by satellites
such as COBE and WMAP as a dipole contribution to the CMB,
as photons in equilibrium at the CMB frame get blue-shifted in the
direction of the motion and red-shifted in the opposite direction.
and also: the solar system is orbiting galactic center
at about 217 km/sec which is essentially additive
(217 + 627) or 844 km/sec relative to CMB dipole rest frame.
and also: the earth has a velocity of 30 km/sec around the sun.
The CMB 'hot spot' or 'wind origin' (+3.5 mK above the present CMBR
2.729 K) is in constellation Leo at essentially the celestial equator:
http://aether.lbl.gov/www/projects/u2/

RDS