Old September 13th 18, 10:25 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

Down the rabbit hole they simulate competing characters and history to achieve an outcome that suits academics and their salaries however the actual technical details as written down or expounded by those people are always absent from discussion. In the two decades here there was and remains next to nothing presented by people other than a few quotes from science fiction writers or secondhand commentaries.

Out in the wide open, I just look at what Giordano Bruno wrote and unfortunately all here find themselves in the same position as he did when approaching his conceptions with 21st century imaging and time lapse -

"Secondly, we expound how both general motion and that of the above-mentioned eccentrics, and as many as may be referred to the aforesaid firmament are all pure illusion, deriving from the motion of the centre of the earth along the ecliptic and from the four varieties of motion which the earth taketh around her own centre. Thus it is seen that the proper motion of each star resulteth from the difference in position, which may be verified subjectively within the star as a body moving alone spontaneously through the field of space. This consideration maketh it understood that all their arguments concerning the [primum] mobile and infinite motion are vain and based on ignorance of the motion of this our own globe." De l'infinito universo et mondi (1584)

Down the empirical rabbit hole everyone is biting each other by making uninformed declarations on technical or historical details whereas those who live in the open air they can now see why the direct/retrograde loops of the slower moving planets are illusory but the direct/retrograde loops of the faster Venus and Mercury are actual as seen from a slower moving Earth.

William Blake captured the solitary Newton against Carroll's 't' party followers -

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...lliamBlake.jpg

Bruno ended his treatise with a poem so it is fitting that Blake's perspective get an airing -

"I turn my eyes to the Schools & Universities of Europe
And there behold the Loom of Locke whose Woof rages dire
Washd by the Water-wheels of Newton. black the cloth
In heavy wreathes folds over every Nation; cruel Works
Of many Wheels I view, wheel without wheel, with cogs tyrannic
Moving by compulsion each other: not as those in Eden: which
Wheel within Wheel in freedom revolve in harmony & peace."
William Blake,Jerusalem

He couldn't have known how right it was in terms of a clockwork solar system and the Earth/solar system free from that concept but now readers here do..