Old September 13th 18, 12:43 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
RichA[_6_]

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Wednesday, 12 September 2018 12:44:59 UTC-4, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 09:29:07 -0700, Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha
wrote:

RichA wrote in
:

Towards the end, Sagan, formerly a productive astrophysicist
from Cornell and publicizer of astronomy became a bit of a
pariah, wandering around, screeching at anyone who would listen
about the impending doom of "nuclear winter." Seems like Tyson
might be going the same way, or, he could just be trying to
promote another book. "Publish or perish?"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/neil-de...litarization-o
f-space-new-book-accessory-to-war/

Tyson's always been a little too full of himself, but I stopped
taking him seriuosly about anything when 20 minutes of his Comos
ripoff was anti-Catholic hate propaganda based on . . . who knows,
but certainly not any historical events.

At this point, I wouldn't take his word for it on what day of the
week it is.

Ah, you mean that bit where he pointed out how the Catholic Church has
historically resisted scientific progress? Yeah, I can see how the
religiously deluded would find that challenging.

Is it 1540 again? Seems like a long time ago...because it WAS!!