Old January 4th 05, 06:18 AM

Oh My God. I CANNOT believe what I am reading, but it reminds me of

an
incident (equally sickening) that occurred is Scott Grissom's Jeep in
April of 2003. In his defense, I think he has become completely

jaded
to all of this, but here's the story...We were driving down the

freeway
with three of his friend in the back of the Jeep. Of course, this

was
three months after Columbia. The three in the back kept making jokes
about the condition of body parts, etc, and while Scott was yucking

it
up with his friends, I was becoming increasingly frosty...until one

of
the guys in the back seat slapped my seat and said, "Come on,

LaDonna,
you KNOW that was funny!" To which I replied, "Oh YEAH! It was
hilarious! As a matter of fact it was SO funny when I get home I'm
going to type it up and email it to all the family members!" You

could
have heard a PIN DROP, and I looked over at Scott; his expression

told
me all I needed to know because what I was ABOUT to say was, "As a
matter of fact, does anyone know any good Apollo One jokes???"
YOU PEOPLE ARE SICK AND DISGUSTING BEYOND WORDS. Perhaps the

Grissom,
White, and Chaffee families have become jaded, but HOW DARE YOU do

this
to other family members???? Would you like your closest relative's
death posted amongst JOKES on the Internet?
You're pathetic.

Hey, have you a grasp of the concept of satire? I wasn't endorsing the
idiot. I was making fun of the idiot. What is it with you anyhow?

And for that matter, aside from my own meaning above, contrary to your
view, it is possible for horid disasters to, in the long run, become
legitimately funny, or at least not particulary worthy of the general
publics' unending sorrow. After someone dies there's a period called
grieving, during which you get it off your chest. After that, you deal
with it, move on, make progress. That's your problem, you won't get
past the fact that someone died close to four decades ago. You don't
believe in progress. You don't want progress. You're in your comfort
zone.

-Mark Martin