Old June 20th 17, 01:52 AM posted to sci.astro.research
Eric Flesch

Default All-Sky Optical catalogue now available for download

On Fri, 16 Jun 2017, Steve Willner wrote:
(Eric Flesch) writes:
My statement pertains to obtaining the entire 80Gb catalog. ...using
the Vizier query but I expect you'd run afoul of some system limit.

I'm not aware of any Vizier query limits. Disk space and bandwidth
may be practical limits in some cases, but I wouldn't expect them to
be a problem for 80 GB. (You meant GB, not Gb, didn't you?)

I've recently downloaded Simbad quasars using the Vizier query and
there was a 20,000 row download limit per each query. Given that
USNO-B has over a billion rows, that comes to 50,000 queries required.
I suspect that even you would find that to be a limit, Steve. :-)