Old September 20th 18, 11:30 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest[_2_]

Default Steady State Universe Unreasonable

On Thursday, September 20, 2018 at 4:03:38 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Wednesday, September 19, 2018 at 5:16:07 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Thursday, September 6, 2018 at 2:44:22 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 7:57:46 PM UTC-7, Herbert Glazier wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 4:11:24 PM UTC-7, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 2:17:43 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 3:58:45 PM UTC-5, Double-A wrote:
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018 at 1:40:14 PM UTC-7, Mark Earnest wrote:
To say the universe was always there is beyond comprehension. Don't even try to

imagine infinite regression into reverse time. It is impossible. By now

everything would be evolved into the clouds and beyond.

Don't you find the idea that the universe suddenly just blew up out of nothing to be equally beyond comprehension?

Double-A

No since the order of everything is to have a beginning.

But the question always inevitably arises, what was before the beginning?

Each human being came

out of nothing for example. When you were conceived at one second you were not

there and at the next second you were. And then like the universe you grew.

Before conception, we were part of our mother's and father's bodies.

Double-A

Hubble showed Einstein the red shift in 1930.It proves the universe is expanding,and doing it at an accelerated rate.Further out we see faster it inflates.Einstein did not like this,but it was reality.Bert

It "proves" no such thing! I challenge anyone to find any statement from Hubble asserting that the universe is expanding!

Double-A

He showed Einstein that the universe was expanding.Think what he showed him?Hobble became famous,and Einstein being famous helped Hubble's ego.Bert

Hubble suspected that some unknown cause might be causing light to redden over great distances. I really have seen no evidence that Hubble ever got on the Big Bang bandwagon. I am waiting for anyone to show me a quote from Hubble himself that he did.

Scientists know the galaxies are flying apart. You have to see what they are talking about to know.