Old April 27th 12, 10:16 PM posted to sci.space.shuttle
Jeff Findley[_2_]

Default Apollo question

In article ,
says...

"Jeff Findley" wrote in message

In article 5360f588-b4b0-414b-abd3-
,
says...

On Apr 26, 9:43 am, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
wrote in messagenews:v3ehp7h5sdgdf35haee6inh76ri5l068o7@4ax .com...

Thanks. Good links. And I guess I used the wrong word in "hatch". I
know
they
didn't go out the hatch to get to the LEM. I just wondered if the
tunnel to
the
LEM was always unobstructed or if they had to move anything to get to
it.

I believe it was unobstructed.

--
Greg D. Moore
http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/

they had to remove the docking prope before using the tunnel

Docking probe, not prope, but otherwise correct. Note though that the
probe was on the *unpressurized* side of the hatch in the tunnel, so it
didn't pose an obstruction until after that hatch was opened.

Exactly. I assumed the original poster meant between the main crew area and
the hatch, not after the hatch ;-)

But in case I'm wrong, Jeff and Bob(with spelling corrected ;-) are correct.

I'd personally consider the CM's docking probe to be "outside" of the
CM. In other words, I thought your original answer was quite
sufficient. ;-)

Jeff
--
" Ares 1 is a prime example of the fact that NASA just can't get it
up anymore... and when they can, it doesn't stay up long. "