Old August 31st 18, 11:36 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default Small Air Leak Detected on International Space Station

In article ,
lid says...

Astronauts at the International Space Station are working to repair a
small leak that was discovered at the orbiting laboratory Wednesday
night (Aug. 29). While the leak caused a slight drop in cabin pressure,
it did not pose an immediate danger to the astronauts currently living
aboard the station, NASA officials said. [...]

https://www.space.com/41676-space-st...n=20180830-sdc

The Russians have already fixed it. Very small hole (reportedly 2mm
diameter), very simple repair with some epoxy sealant on some medical
gauze.

The US wanted to study the Russian's proposed fix (and try it out on the
ground) for at least 24 hours. The Russians didn't take that advice and
just fixed the little hole. I'm sure the Russians didn't understand
what all the fuss was about, considering the really horrific problems
that they had on Mir. The worst was likely the Progress collision that
caused a very big leak that had to be fixed by closing the hatch to the
damaged module which was made difficult by all the wires and ducts that
the Russians ran through the hatch. The other very scary incident was
the fire caused by a faulty (solid fuel) chemical oxygen generator.
When the fire is generating its own oxygen, you've got problems!

Jeff