Old February 10th 08, 01:18 AM posted to sci.space.station
gb[_2_]

Default All EVAs delayed by a day

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
. ..
I notice that the first eva is being delayed, one assumes due to whatever
ails Hans, and hence he is being replaced. I guess until we know the nature
of his problem, nobody can say if he will miss out altogether, and also if
the problem is such that it might mean an early return.

Strange as he is not a newbie, and these people are checked out pretty
thoroughly before they get to go.

Just another reminder that we are not as clever as we may think I
suppose.

Brian

Hans had not been "in orbit" since STS-55 (1988) ??

I wonder if they will then perform the tasks assigned for EVA 3 on the first
space walk?
WHICH includes the bad gyro (stored outside) for pickup and move to shuttle.

That leave the whole nitrogen tank assembly swap assigned for EVA 1 and EVA
2

gb