Old April 18th 14, 06:38 PM posted to sci.space.station
David Spain[_4_]

Default Space walk?

On Friday, April 18, 2014 12:53:57 PM UTC-4, David Spain wrote:
That is not to say of course that it will never fail. According to the writeup in NASASpaceFlight.com this particular unit is 13 years old having been brought up with the S0 Truss on STS-110 in April 2002.

Also given the nature of the failure, that power consumption dropped from a nominal 55W to 33W, I'm willing to speculate a voltage rail has gone down, possibly from a Point-Of-Load regulator failure. I've seen my share of these go bad in the day....

Dave