Old June 3rd 13, 04:42 AM posted to sci.astro,sci.space.policy
Bob Haller

Default NASA gets two military spy telescopes for astronomy - TheWashington Post.

On Jun 2, 1:04*pm, Fred J. McCall wrote:
bob haller wrote:

its important we not accidently kill or add anything to other
planets......

all probes should be sterlized before sending to anywhere.

otherwise we might find life and not know if it just earth
contamination or not.....

And since you can't do that with assurance, we shouldn't send probes.

*only stupid."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * -- Heinrich Heine

probes have been sterlized in the past, perhaps not perfect but pretty
good.

humans cannot be sterlized