Old September 28th 08, 11:28 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris.B

Default Farm Theory, Also Called, Spring Theory, Yard Theory And TheEvolution Of Our Universe

On Sep 28, 11:27*pm, Chris L Peterson wrote:
On Sun, 28 Sep 2008 11:11:48 -0700 (PDT), wrote:
What is the farm theory? I's been around for a long time, but no one
around here has it discussed much, I gather.

Because it's non-scientific nonsense, and this is a science group (which
unfortunately hasn't stopped other rubbish from being posted).

Giving it another name does not mean it is false or unscientific
though still remaining slightly fanciful. One could just as easily
have called the concept a "zoological garden" or "life supporting
environment" or "life bubble" rather than "farm". A scientist without
imagination would not go far. Imagination steers the quest for
scientific truth. Theory follows the imaginative idea like a dog
chasing its tail. Without a "what if" there can be no search for the
reality behind the question. Choices must be plucked from the air to
describe anything new since the vocabulary and imagery do not yet
exist.

The facts remain that the environment is critical to the form of the
development of life at all levels. Squat forms for mobility in high
gravity situations. Expanded lung capacity in thin atmospheres.
Slippery shapes for mobility in situations of high fluid density.
Wings and hollow bones for low gravity and modest atmospheric
pressures, etc.

The religious aspects should be ignored since time wasted on religion
is as precious as any other and only followed by those who seem to
have far too much of it to waste. Gravity applies equally to those
counting the seconds, whether believer or not, when the ground finally
beckons.